Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where we are now

I’ll go into more detail about most of this as time goes on but for here’s a summary of our lives thus far.
Brian and I have been married since fall of 2006 so 5 years.  We have 1 son, Will, born in fall 2011.  He went to bed and fell asleep easy so it gave me time to write this today.... He surprised us and was born the day before our 5 year anniversary, 8.5 weeks early.  I am sort of environmental friendly so this led to using cloth diapers rather than disposables for Will.  We live in rural Ohio on 40 acres that has been in Brian’s family for generations, as in since they came across the pond.  We both work outside the home but in our spare time do a little farming, growing corn/soybeans/wheat, raising cows and pigs for meat and chickens for eggs, and baling hay.  When I say we, I’ll be honest it’s mostly Brian doing the majority of the farm work especially now with Will taking up a lot of my time.   Last year was the first year for a garden at our house, but I definitely plan on continuing that.  When we got married, we moved into the house that his grandparents lived in, but soon decided that the house was past repair and so we built a new one in its place.  As far as traveling we’ve done a little;  a honeymoon to Mexico,  a cruise around  the Caribbean after we finished the house, a couple trips to New York to visit Brian’s brother and his wife and countless trips to Amish country.  I like to cook and bake so I suspect there will be posts on some of my favorite recipes.  Brian is part of the county fairboard so that involves time at monthly meetings as well as the actual week long fair in the summer.  We have pretty busy weeks but we choose it so we can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment